This pretty much sums it up:
Sunday, December 11, 2011
I picked up Dr. Fuhrman's new book, Super Immunity, at the National Conference to End Factory Farming. I had him dedicate to my Uncle Mel, who has colon cancer, and before sending it to him, I skimmed the book. From it, I gleaned a few rules that I hope to follow in my day-to-day life. Here's one set- Dr. Fuhrman's Food Rules.
- Eat a large salad every day.
- Eat at least one-half cup serving of beans/legumes in soup, salad, or another dish once daily.
- Eat at least three fresh fruits a day, especially berries, pomegranate seeds, cherries, plums, oranges.
- Eat at least one large (double-size) serving of green veggies daily, either raw, steamed, or in soups and stews.
- Barbecued meat, processed meat, and commercial red meat
- Fried foods (sigh... french fries)
- Full-fat dairy and trans fats
- Soft drinks, sugar, and artificial sweeteners
- White-flour products