Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Days 16-17: Love


I'm in a great mood. Scratch that, I'm in a FANTASTIC mood. The sun is shining, the birds are chirping (not that I'd know really since I'm stuck inside an office sans fresh air), and this hump day is almost over. Tonight I have super sexy plans to make Garlic & Greens soup and watch Law & Order SVU, and I couldn't be happier about them. And life is... Well, quite frankly, life is good.

Embarking on this 21-Day Vegan Kickstart has somehow motivated me to get moving on many other areas of my life. I can't talk about it on the blogs, but it's incredibly exciting, and I just have that feeling that all signs are pointing to yes. KWIM? It's... I don't know, this has never happened to me before. I'm sorry I have to be so vague, but the point is, the decision to eat a vegan diet has somehow given me the courage and confidence I needed to make other decisions in my life. I never thought I could eat vegan, but here I am, doing it, and doing it surprisingly well. It's empowering. Now I know what people mean when they say that going vegan can change your life.

One thing is for sure - I couldn't have done this without you. Yes, YOU! I'm sad to say, but until recently, I've had little support from anyone in my "real" life and certainly not here in Austin. But you, all of you reading this, have been so incredibly supportive (even those of you who aren't vegan/vegetarian!), and I don't know how to thank you. Tell me how to thank you! Because I want to. I really really do.

On another note, I'm super duper glad that Blue Moon is vegan-friendly. PHEW!

6 comments:

  1. Oh man, I so totally agree! I'm back at the gym, life and big decisions look clearer, I'm not as irritated by the little things, etc. I had a similar experience when I first starting losing weight and doing yoga, so I think it has to do with simply KNOWING that you can change and control your life and your decisions!

    I need to know how the garlic and greens soup is! Looks like it'd be really good to cure a cold.

    And also? I LOVE BLUE MOON! So glad I'm not the only one since I usually get yelled at for my girly beer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't done much, but the only thank you I need is for you to keep on blogging about it! You're an inspiration. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love reading about your vegan adventures, so glad that it is empowering you in other aspects of your life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. that's so amazing you went full vegan. i've always wanted to but it's difficult when i live with a carnivore who also happens to be french. but i admire your dedication and whatever is in the horizon for you i hope it's good and that you're happy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Baby girl, you are AMAZING. You inspire me every day to try new things and be brave. Keep up the good work, and good luck with secret life-changing plans!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I wish I'd read this earlier. What fun! I swear, I know everything you're talking about. Total life make-over in every area when I made the final dairy drop. Left bad relationship, got healthier, started new job, started creating new business plan, and eventually, started dating again.

    You are a bubbly, bursting-from-the-seems-with-happiness, smarty-pants! And it's a delight to read of your journey!

    ReplyDelete